Friday, July 09, 2010

For Free Friday...I have Babies on the Brain

My sister, Kelly Rae is due soon with her first child. My nephew....I'm going to be an Aunt. I cannot even express in words how much it means to me. I cannot wait to see his little face for the first time. But until then, these will have to do.
These portraits span generations, and come from my very large collection of all kinds of photographs. Cabinet cards are my favorite, followed very closely by vintage photo booth photos. Most of these were found discarded in a dumpster 3 summers ago...I was so perplexed. Why would anyone throw out such loveliness? Such history? Such sweet faces.

1 comment:

  1. Gasp! A dumpster?! Good thing you salvaged them! I'd love to see your vintage photo booth photos! In all my searches I have yet to come across any of those!

    Congrats on being an Auntie soon! I know you must be over the moon!

    Hugs + Loves + Excitement for you,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Please know that I am deeply grateful for your presence here.