Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sunday Morning and it's Lena Horne



Yesterday, my son Christian brought this home for me. He remembered I had been searching with hope that another vintage record player would come along to replace the one that came here to Michigan with us in the little U-haul so many years ago...and here it is. Complete with a beautiful glowing light on the off and on knob. And finally, Lena Horne can be set free to waft and roam the rooms downstairs as I cook and as I create and as my little one plays quietly...all of us soothed by the crackling and popping sounds of yesterday. And later, it will be Willie and Barbara and James and Simon and Garfunkle, Crystal and Linda and Rod....I've yet to find her but I am hoping, so hoping someday Billie will come to stay with us too. My beloved, my favorite songstress of all, Miss Billie Holiday....