Friday, May 14, 2010

Reflections and Such

I like the way that small town life is reflected by the window of my van over my face in the photo above...this place has become a part of who I am. There is a sweetness here...an earnestness and an ease...sidewalks shaded by Tulip trees and Maples...the stillness of a Sunday morning...The familiarity of it all is comforting to me these days and I am grateful for the precious people who remember who I am every where I go...hearing my name said out loud  makes me feel more real somehow...more whole. It is as if they are really saying,
"I see you Jennifer, and you're going to be ok."

...acquired this amazing cement Paw Paw Leaf from Anne at Everlasting Leaves recently...it is now one of my favorite things...it rests with its pale gray roughness against the smooth lines and handles and subtle shades of other favorite belongings, on the little white china hutch my husband bought for me for mother's day this year.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous14 May, 2010

    Just found your blog. I love-love-love your vintage jewelry assemblages. That is my next project to tackle, I have material but not the time (know what I mean)? I subscribed to your blog so I can keep up with your gorgeous creations. Marcy
    www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool photo of you, and cool commentary on the photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PandorasFork15 May, 2010

    i love the photo - so ethereal...
    it must be nice to have people know your name....
    sounds so quaint.
    the Paw Paw leaf is divine, and what a gorgeous cabinet....
    he's a Keeper, your guy! : )
    xx, ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your memories are so vivid and yet painted as a watercolor is...with edges bleeding freely and creating a picture all of it's own...you have such a gift for making one feel as if they can experience the beauty right along with you...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Please know that I am deeply grateful for your presence here.