Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Celebrating

I try not to be a self absorbed blogger...but my attempt to connect; to relate with you, the reader, also helps me to connect with myself...and something about "putting it out there" in space and time seems to make it more real. How much better it is to go to a play or a show with someone else, so you can turn to them and say, "Wasn't that amazing?" "Aren't you glad we came?"
I guess that is what I need. To feel that connection with humanity, to satiate the hunger that I have for goodness....for the knowledge that there is inherent good in a world filled with the constant bombardment of sex and rage and the push to be more than all you can possibly be.
Here I am. And this song of myself, is also a celebration of you.
I celebrate my eyes and for all they have seen.
They have seen births and deaths;
tears wiped away in frustration and anger,
in sadness and with immense joy...
because they see you.

I celebrate my ears,
because I hear you.
My aging earlobes pulled south now, ever so
slightly, by earrings created with my wrinkled hands...
hands that have felt the smoothness of a child's skin
and felt the emptiness and the wonder of death.
Hands that have joined in prayer for you,
not ever knowing if you feel it.
But still, I pray.

and I celebrate my mouth and the song
that wafts from my throat
though you may never hear it,
I sing for you, and for the missing
of those I can no longer see
ever again or maybe just for a time.
I am grateful for the voice and the song that appears
from the corners of the creases and the scars
and the age of my lips.

and I could go on, and on
but I am so tired today.
The essence is this

I'm so glad you're here.
I'm so glad that I'm here, so that I
can see you.


6 comments:

  1. A moving moment. Just this morning, I was trying to convince an artist friend to not fear the internet; that she should reach out and connect with like-minded artists; that the world is not all thieves and naysayers; that there is a world wide community of beautiful souls reaching out their sharing hands. I wish I had your words in my pocket this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29 June, 2010

    more videos!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xxoxo
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. To know you is to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! You're so beautiful and real and here in my heart. Thank you so much for sharing and connecting. Your poem was so sweet and so is your voice.

    With Love,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am grateful for stumbling upon this video today. It is one of those mornings for me where the dreams I woke up with (hours ago) are still lingering clearly before my eyes, a dream of a beach on Lake Michigan - I must dream it several times a week....a place from my memories...thank you for making this video (evidence!) and sharing yourself and making connections happen - you are beautiful! xo K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Karen...maybe we are meant to meet there some day?...thank you for saying that I am beautiful...though I feel that movie was made ages ago......

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Please know that I am deeply grateful for your presence here.