Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Embrace Eco-Chic: Sacred Cake's Green Goddess Statement Necklaces




vintage peridot rhinestone statement necklace 
There is something about the color green that is immediately soothing. In these statement necklaces and earrings that I create, it evokes in me a feeling of quiet woodlands, ferns and maple trees dancing in dappled light, contemplation and stillness. Things that, as of late, I seem to require more and more to survive life at the speed of light. I became 50 this year, and the days seem to disintegrate into darkness faster and faster. I need  calm. I need green. Lots of green.
    There is something magical in these pieces. When the vintage green glass stones emerge from the soupy concoction I use to remove their old foil backs, and they are rinsed and dried and lying on the counter in the sunlight...like treasures that delight my senses in some ancient way. Something covetous. Something deep in me sighing and in love with the way the light plays on the transparent glass.

You can find my work on ETSY.
 

Light Green Statement Necklace




Emerald earrings 

Pale green, olive statement  necklaces









1 comment:

  1. I conscious Brooklyn Latin School. It is no secret that most college students interested phd assignment writing services in the learning process. Would you like to he

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Please know that I am deeply grateful for your presence here.