Monday, November 01, 2010

Weekend Creating and Gratitude

Health is slowly returning to me and I am ever so grateful. I had a productive weekend creating what I think are some of my prettiest things ever.
Citrus Earrings
Blue Blue Dream of You Earrings

Emerald Dreams Necklace

 I have to resist the urge to stay up into the small hours of the morning working to catch up on all the work I've missed this past month that I've been so ill. I guess in a way I feel like if I am not constantly working and creating and photographing and posting that I'll fade away....that I'll be buried in the history of the internet...that I'll loose customers and momentum and my little business that I've worked so hard to establish will die away. I know in my heart it isn't so.
I've realized the value of time. The feel good time. Family time. Reading time. Dreaming time. Time to just be still (which is something I am just not used to at all). I've learned to slow down much more and savor the process of the jewelry I create. I've learned that my heart's work will always be waiting for me. Maybe that is what this whole thing about being sick was about.  I do know this; I value the good days so much more than I ever have! That is what I am taking away from this experience.
Many many thanks to all of my dear friends who have sent kind words, cards and care packages during this rough time. I feel the love and the light....and I hope that you can feel it coming right back.