Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Smitten...and Busy!

I became a grandma this week! Little Benjamin was born on November 12, and weighed in at 8 pounds and 3 ounces! He's a quiet and observant little fella...chubby-wubby cheeks...and I am completely smitten with him...and busy with holiday orders (for which I am so incredibly grateful) and helping Em with the baby. I just wanted to share a couple of photographs with you here. I am still recovering from almost living with Em in the hospital for an entire week. She got very sick before she was due to deliver, with sepsis from a nasty kidney infection. To be honest, I thought for a moment that I would loose her. IV antibiotics for an entire week to manage it. I have never been in a constant state of prayer like that before...ever.

Benjamin David
exhausted new grandma and baby Benjamin
I was given the honor of being present during the delivery, and the incredible grace to calmly see my daughter through a very difficult labor and delivery. Her quiet strength astounded me, and renewed my belief in my own inner strength.
I am so looking forward to watching the changing dynamics of our family...seeing the interactions...watching my husband relish being a new grandpa, and having a new baby to hold and talk to...
there is just no limit to the amount of love a heart can hold.

I wanted to share this little idea and photograph sent to me by my dear mama today. She is so creative and crafty!
Simple ingredients:
glass ornament, old rusty spring, chandelier crystal and pillar candle holder! Turn ornament upside-down, attach the crystal, set inside the spring and into the pillar candle holder and....voilĂ ! How nifty is that? I'm thinkin' maybe I'll try it with an old plate instead of a candle holder, and an old Christmas ball instead of the heavy glass ball, I'm thinking with lighter ingredients there might need to be a bit of glue involved.
whatdya think? Feel free to share this idea with friends!
cobalt blue assemblage by my mom