Friday, November 26, 2010

Unique Display Idea, Cat Eye Glasses and Antique Letters

I bought several ancient, (as in late 1800's) blue shutters from an antique shop quite some time ago for 5 bucks a piece...they still have the original hardware on them and they are all this amazing pale blue color. I didn't have to do a thing to them but clean them up a little. This one, I use for a display piece in my living room...on which, I hang a vintage lingerie/pants hanger with amazing red clips that really add a little punch to the display.....and on said lingerie/pants hanger I have clipped a beloved antique green satin purse in which I display some of our favorite antique letters, postcards, and a pair of our favorite vintage cat eye glasses. More glasses from our collection are just inserted in the slats.




This is by far, my most favorite display. I hope it inspires you to be more playful in your home too.
Let me know what you're favorites are and maybe I can do a post about it? I'd love to see!