Friday, August 06, 2010

Artful Blogging, and Gratitude

I flip the pages and arrive at my article in the current issue of Artful Blogging. It is a surreal experience. I am somewhat stunned I guess. How did I get here? My heart printed on pages for the world to see. In the article I speak of blogging and how it has helped heal my heart after my father's death....and there is still a lot of healing to do...
Another wonderful part of this amazing gratitude package is that my sister, Kelly Rae is in this issue as well. That makes it so much more special.

The photos taken with my little 'ole Sony runofthemill digital camera, are there on the pages. I shake my head in disbelief. Did I really take those pictures? Humbled. I am truly humbled.

Yesterday I was reading my daughter this post. I wrote about why I use Queen Anne's Lace as my "icon" or "brand". She said that I should be a writer. And I said, I am a writer. I am.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Jennifer! Yes, you are a writer and a very good one at that-not to mention immensely creative-immeasurably kind-and in full possession of that rare gift of grace.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A writer; you are that, but more, much more; you are a reminder, moving our memories forward from where they were, lost over time until you find them and bring them back to us with your stories; universal stories we have all shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Jennifer, way to go! I'll have to grab a copy of the issue. Yes, you are a writer and a lovely artist.
    ♥Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through the magazine. What a beautiful magazine, it was the first time I picked it up. I loved the necklace with the bird on it in the photos so I thought I'd find you. Thank you for sharing your bits of beauty with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a writer and a jewelry artist, and I want to be your protege!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to a truly rare person, and a gifted writer(and artist)! Now, I realize what my subconscious has been making me do...buy up as many of your fabulous creations as I can BEFORE you become SO FAMOUS that I won't be able to afford any!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! that is so exciting! i just sent in my first submission of originals to somerset studio! it's all so exciting!

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer thanks for sharing your story with the blogging community. It was a great pleasure working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking at your blog today because I saw you in the ArtfulBlogging Magazine. Your blog sound really amazing. I will be back because I did not have time to look at everything.

    Monique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Please know that I am deeply grateful for your presence here.