Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Real Thing

(This necklace is currently for sale in my Etsy shop)
The comments that I received from my last post have at times, left me in awe. Speechless...and those that know me personally know that isn't an easy task. I've always been a talker....and I was always the "loud kid". The "talker".
I just want you to know that you're on my mind every day. Yes, you...those of you reading this now....and those of you who left such kind and heartfelt comments about my last post.
Thank you for taking precious time to read my simple blog. To hear what I have to say. To witness my ramblings and creations and musings and not be scared off by my mention of talking to God. ( And I really do have a big black, no; two big black heavy and working rotary phones in the house!)
I always hesitate about mentioning God like I did in my last post or in my articles, in fear that I will be labeled a "Bible Thumper" or a "Holy Roller" among other things, but the truth is that I am a believer. I have had my doubts and my struggles but I always come back to the mystery of faith.
I have a quote from Proverbs over my table that brings me the greatest peace during times I question my belief and question my life and question my God and it is this:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him
and he shall direct thy paths."

The line that really stands out to me is
-and lean not unto thine own understanding.

There are some days when this is all I have to hold on to. That everything happens for a reason. That it will all come together and make sense to us eventually.  That it is ok to not have all of the answers....That professing my faith is never going to be a "bad move."

Thank you for sharing your journey with me.
Deepest,
heartfelt,
Thanks.